Monday, March 14, 2011

Lighting the Path

I am constantly searching for educational and inspirational tid bits of yoga and meditation gems.  I find it difficult to read the experiences of those who are just finding the way.  Most everything I read is by an advanced professional.  I sense the gap in reaching those who are seeking yoga to help improve a health condition or status through yoga practice.  To put it in the rough, there is not alot of instruction aimed at the out of shape, overweight, toxic riddled couch potato.  Hey, you have to start somewhere, and I think the bottom is as good a starting place as any other.  So, my quest is on - to share the struggles, tips and advice of an out of shape and undisceplined student who gets out of breath with each down ward dog or even cat tilt !  Pose modifications and appropriate pacing are key to supporting some through the struggles of learning to communicate with their own body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment