Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Cleaning - From the Inside Out !

Spring cleaning around the house always gives me such a good feeling - a calm takes over -a feeling like everthing is in control.  With my lifetime of poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and frantic mental energy that I often whirl around in, I am sure my cellular structure and internal organs are a storehouse of toxic sludge.  This spring with my homes spring cleaning out of the way, I want to focus on giving my body and internal organs a good cleanse as well.  There are some very good, and non-invasive ways to flush out some of the cellular sludge that is murking up my system.  I'm not talking about something as dramatic as a "high colonic", or anything that requires a medical ok before proceding.  Just some good old common sense, and putting an emphasis on good food and herbs that have natural cleansing properties.  Many cleansing and detoxifying diets include fasting.  I'm not a fan of fasting, and for people with weight issues, especially those with blood sugar issues - fasting should be done with skilled supervision.  I'm not loking for anything that intense.  I just want to introduce some natural cleansing foods that can help flush and remove old residues and toxins. 
 
  • Old mucus and phlem are breding grounds for germs and bacteria.  Large doses of vitamin C helps to thin mucus, and promote respiratory cleansing.  While trying to clean out respiratory build up, cut out dairy products that increase mucus - like milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
  • Fresh, raw foods, like nuts and raw vegitables actually help to naturally cleanse the colon.  I love nuts, and raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, and radishes.  These products have the needed fiber to help clean out the colon, and the nutritional enzymes for cellular cleansing.   Just a caution to watch for gas associated with a sudden increase in foods so high in fiber.   
  • Tea - tea is such a natural cleanser and antioxidant.  For something a little more exotic - ginger tea helps to clean out gummy residue in the digestive track. 
  • Good old fashioned sweat!  Lots of high arobic exercise - combined with drinking lots of water will naturally flush your adreanal and galndular system.  The easiest way to do this is with walking, bike ridding or other activity your enjoy - the key is to do it to the point of breaking a sweat - for the naturally flushing system to work - literally pushing all the old junk out of your pores. 
  • Once you have fiber flushed the colon (which will free up space to move out all the junk higher up), flush with C, lots of water, and some solid sweat sessions, then if your really into the "total glow" round it all off with a ginger bath to give a final external cleansing for the skin and pores.  
It's all easier said then done - but a good cleansing effort is my hope and desire for the upcoming season!  Wish me luck!

1 comment: