Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If not me, who; if not now, when?

Words cant describe how deeply moving my experience has been so far. I have had the fortune of some significant "aha" moments that will be permanent milestones in my path. After several months of struggling with commitment and stamina, I have landed on a rather reliable practice for health and vitality. And, as my heart dared hope, I am getting toned and loosing weight as a perk. My first piece of truth from regular yoga practice is that positioning and alingment are key. That feature takes particular attention when you are a large size body. Childs pose, for example, requires that I spread my knees just enough to allow extra room for my mid section if I am to get my forehead near the floor. The actual pose is with knees together though, so I have to focus on my positioning to make sure the therapeutic effect is still in place. I have found whiffs of clarity ring through my mind with consistant meditation practice. I understand absolute stillness for the first time in 50 years. I am convinced this attempt at 'pursuing the path' is supported by an underlying calm clearly absent during previous forays down the path. Some of my "instant karma" tools include, "see you in the gap"- a phrase I gained during the Chopra 21 day meditation challange; and the satisfying experience of feeling actual streangth develop in some of my major muscle groups as the more challenging yoga poses prompt my shaking muscles to "request energy". I look forward to the path with excitement and gratitude for every new illumination. For now, I am amazed by some recent enlightenment into the part we all play in the universe, and the part the universe plays in us. I am the path, and the time is now.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I am intrigued. Maybe it is time to think about meditation once again. Took a yoga class when I was young and fit and loved it. I like the way you have approached this. Want to hear more as you continue on this path.

    ReplyDelete