Thursday, March 24, 2011
One Step Forward, One Step Back
My "spring cleaning" is going well so far. My day is filled with 12 grain bread, almonds, brown rice, fresh veggies and salads, garbanzo beans and yams. I feel much better with the increase in fiber and natural foods. I don't feel as heavy or weighed down. I have been having trouble sleeping though, not because of diet changes, but more so because of schedule changes due to some issues in the family. For some reason I am such a creature of habit. My body truly needs a set and consistant sleep schedule or else I'm all off kilter. Idealy, I should be in bed between 9:30 and 10:00 pm, and I wake with no alarm between 6:00 and 6:30, feeling refresehd. But extra demands on my time with a family member in the hospital has put a kink in my schedule, and becasue I am so sensitive to changes like that, it causes a problem with my sleep schedule. So, the end result, I wake feeling tired, and use that as an excuse to skip my morning yoga. Well, they say recognizing the problem is half the solution. We'll see. I'm hoping to get things on track again this weekend. And for now - I'm loving the high fiber diet! But havn't had the nerve yet to figure out what my caloric intake has looked like. But, judging from my 3 pound weight loss this week (even without exercise) it may not be as bad as it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I received an email today that the 21-Day Challenge is not going to start until Wednesday...can't wait!!!
ReplyDelete